Rajuk’s housing venture beneath h2o for two many years

Personnel Reporter :

It has been around two a long time but Saiful Islam’s dream of possessing a house in the money still continues to be elusive as he invested in a housing project which is still below water.

Like him, extra than 3,000 people have acquired plots in the 3rd stage of the Uttara Residential Design Town challenge – taken by Rajdhani Unnayan Kartripakkha (Rajuk) in 1999 – but what they have so significantly obtained is mere papers.

The housing task has witnessed extension to its deadline a few periods so far but has made no headway however for the reason that of alleged laxity on the element of Rajuk. Saiful Islam, who was allotted a plot on the Road-4 of Sector-17, stated, “We do not know when we will get our plots. Rajuk has provided us only papers.”

Having said that, Rajuk claimed that 80% of do the job of plot improvement has been concluded. The remaining 20% function has remained caught for the last two yrs owing to a circumstance filed above cancellation of contracts with two businesses on allegation of irregularities.

Rajuk stated they have no notion when the project perform resumes.

Some 5,000 plots have presently been handed in excess of to owners prior to enhancement perform is finished.

But, plot homeowners could not make homes on their plots as there are no highway and sewerage lines. H2o, energy and gas connections have also not been founded.

Some 2,008 acres of land was acquired in Diabari and Panchabati locations of Uttara for the third stage of Uttara Household Model City undertaking in 1999 for 8,295 plots.

3 new sectors – sector 15, 16, 17 – have been additional to the Uttara Prolonged Housing Venture.

The task was expanded in 2009 and 200 acres of lands were being included. About 18,000 flats are to be constructed on this land in sector-18.

So far, 5,000 plots in 15-18 sectors have been handed more than to proprietors. Land development function, plot demarcation and handing about of the remaining 3,295 plots have not been accomplished nevertheless.

Practically all plots had been allotted a lot more than a decade ago and the plot entrepreneurs also paid the cash.

The project was supposed to be accomplished by 2010. But, the period of the project has been prolonged three instances. It is now envisioned to be completed by June 2021.

Initially, the price tag of the job was approximated at Tk2,044 crore. The expenditure was later on improved by one more Tk296 crore to Tk2,340 crore.

Job Director Abdul Awal claimed that most development work on the undertaking has been concluded. Now, h2o, sewerage, energy and gas strains will be connected.

He reported, “Perform on 8 out of 12 bridges in the total task has been concluded. About 80km of the 165km road has been manufactured. The undertaking is predicted to be concluded by the middle of next 12 months.”

Nonetheless, The Organization Regular observed quite a few discrepancies involving the description of the project’s development given by the task director and the statements of the plot entrepreneurs.

Sohrab Hossain, just one of the plot house owners and a federal government employee, advised the media that immediately after acquiring the plots by a lottery, he took a personal loan from a lender and compensated the complete total seven years back.

But the highway in front of his plot on road-8 in Sector-16 has not been accomplished yet. No utility connections have also not been established. As a consequence, it is not feasible to establish a property there even if a plot owner wants it. He mentioned the scenario is more or significantly less the same in all places.

On a subject pay a visit to to the job place, it was seen that land growth function of a lot less than 50 percent of the a few sectors of the job is even now incomplete. Do the job on roadways has not started off in some spots. Get the job done on h2o and sewerage strains are still to get started there. Work on installing underground electricity transmission lines has not been taken up nonetheless.

Md Kausar Ameer Ali, running director of Dhaka Electrical Provide Business (Desco), reported, “We have received a demand from customers letter to offer electrical energy to the task space. But the doing work environment has not been made nevertheless.”

Md Mahmud Hossain, deputy handling director (admin) of Wasa, also echoed the exact same sentiment. “If the street and plot growth perform is not completed, it will not be achievable to commence perform on environment up water or sewerage lines.”