Are you considering to integrate ERP solutions with eCommerce platforms? This article will help you with overcoming possible challenges and working with a respectable payment expert like Pinwheel Pay.
ERP Integration: Pinwheel Pay
Think of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Integration as a way to connect your business to ERP software with other applications. As a result, you can start sharing data across systems to enjoy a higher level of productivity and other benefits as well.
ERP systems help large and medium-sized eCommerce businesses save time by avoiding spending much time on manual data entry. Of course, each business comes with its own specific requirements, and there’s no single system for all businesses that’s the best fit for all the challenges. By figuring out the possible challenges, you increase your chances of avoiding them. So, let’s see:
- It’s important to be able to manage or modify data, and an ERP system can help you with this.
- If you’re shipping products, make sure the shipping providers used in your ERP are available in your eCommerce platform.
- When it comes to online promotions, ensure your customer service can enter the same promos/discounts on a phone order as an eCommerce order.
- One of the challenges has to do with recalculating taxes again for every order in your ERP solution. The automatic tax service may use this calculation to charge you and you could end up with unnecessary costs. So, avoid it.
- By using the same payment gateway for both your ERP and your eCommerce solution, you can enjoy the highest level of flexibility.
- If you need help with the communication of data between your ERP and eCommerce system, use API (Application Programming Interface).
- ERP systems are great for training, reporting and fixing bugs, customizations and not only. With the right support in place, you can enjoy a successful integration project.
- ERP integration can help you with increased sales opportunities. The use of an ERP software program can boost the accuracy level of the inventory levels in your system.
With all this in mind, get down to finding a reliable payment specialist like Pinwheel Pay that can best help you with integration with payment providers so you can start accepting the majority of famous payment types. Such cooperation will provide you with excellent fraud prevention, data security, competitive rates, and other benefits for running a successful eCommerce business.
As you see, eCommerce and ERP integration provide merchants with more than one benefit when applied right. For this, you just need to identify the challenges and know how to overcome them with ease. That’s where reputable payment experts step in.
Author Bio: Content crafter Alex Wilmont has been active in the payments industry for over 15 years. He lives simply, gives generously and loves his 2 dogs. His mission is to enhance and innovate the fintech industry for years to come.