If you are starting with a website and Web Hosting plan, Linux Shared Hosting is a great option to consider.
In Linux Web Hosting, Linux is an open-source operating system which powers many of the world’s largest websites. When you purchase Linux Shared Hosting plans, you’ll have to share the server space and resources with other websites hosted on the Shared Server.
In this blog, we will learn more about the Linux Shared Hosting offered by the best hosting providers and other things you need to know to get started.
What Is Linux Shared Hosting?
Linux Shared Hosting is a type of Shared Hosting solution where multiple websites share resources on a server operating on the Linux operating system.
These resources include CPU, RAM, bandwidth storage space and more, which one website user has to share with another.
However, with the best Shared Hosting, you don’t need to worry about maintaining and managing the server yourself, as a hosting provider will take care of all the technical expectations and details of your server.
How Does Linux Shared Hosting Work?
- In this, the hosting provider sets up the physical server with the Linux operating system, which is divided into multiple servers.
- These servers are allocated with the specific amount of resources shared among the website hosted on that server.
- Apache or Nginx, the web server software, manages requests for multiple web pages and serves the content to the user’s web browser.
- In this, the hosting provider can manage the server hardware, operating system, software updates and technical aspects while offering support and security to the users.
What Are The Benefits Of Linux Shared Hosting?
Here are some of the benefits that Linux Shared Hosting provide are:
- Linux Shared Hosting is a more cost-effective option than any other type of Web Hosting, such as VPS or dedicated.
- It is simple to use as you don’t have to manage the server.
- You don’t need to have any technical expertise to use this hosting.
- It is reliable hosting as Linux is a stable, secure and reliable operating system.
Tips For Success With Linux Shared Hosting
Here are some of the tips that help you to leverage the benefits of your Linux Shared Hosting experience are:
- Optimise Your Website: You can optimise your website by compressing images, animations, minimising the codes and using a caching plugin. They can help to run your websites smoothly and quickly.
- Use of Content Delivery Network (CDN): You can use the CDN, which allows your website to cache content and serve it from a server closest to your website visitors.
- Strong Passwords: You can also use a strong password by combining numbers, special characters, and lower and uppercase alphabets. Keep your software and plugin up to date to minimise the risk of hacking or other cyber attacks.
- Website Monitoring: You can also use website monitoring services to track your uptime, website response time, and another key matrix that ensures your website performs well.
In short, Linux Shared Web Hosting plans are an excellent choice For beginners looking for a cost-effective and easy-to-use Web Hosting solution.
Furthermore, you can also ensure that your website functions correctly and offers a wonderful user experience for your visitors by considering these tips.
However, Shared Hosting is a worthful investment for a beginner or small to medium size business. And in the long run, according to your requirements, you can upgrade it to the further plan according to your website needs. Good Luck!